||1 year ago|
|Release||1 year ago|
|cef||1 year ago|
|examples||1 year ago|
|handlers||1 year ago|
|include||1 year ago|
|.drone.yml||1 year ago|
|.gitattributes||1 year ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|LICENSE||1 year ago|
|README.md||1 year ago|
|go.mod||1 year ago|
These are simple bindings for CEF
C API in Go.
It's not documented yet, but you can follow the example to figure out how to use. It's pretty simple.
In order to run the examples, the CEF supporting files must be placed beside the executable.
- JS to Go callbacks
- Go to JS eval
- frameless window
- single and sub executable support
- Tested on Windows and Linux (macOS should work using seperate processes)
- window functions (maximize, minimize, show, always on top, etc)
- application icon
- console output handler
CEF Version and Compatibility
83.3.9+ged43e55+chromium-83.0.4103.61 This lib is compiled against CEF 83.3.9+ged43e55+chromium-83.0.4103.61 / Chromium 83.0.4103.61 from http://opensource.spotify.com/cefbuilds/index.html
- Download the CEF SDK for your system from Spotify.
- Locate your installation of cefgo (typically in $GOPATH/src/github.com/Gurkengewuerz/cefgo or $GOPATH/pkg/mod/github.com/Gurkengewuerz/cefgo), and extract the CEF SDK.
Copy include/* to cefgo/include
Copy Release/* to cefgo/Release
Copy Resources/* to cefgo/Release
- Run your binaries inside the Release folder
About JS callbacks
Callbacks need to be registered before browsers are created. Currently only basic type conversions are supported (undefined/null, bool, int/uint, double, string). Objects and Arrays are possible, but not done. If you are running in multi-process mode (the default - as opposed to single-process) keep in mind the callback will be executed in the browser process and not in the main process.
Updating the CEF Version
The process for updating CEF to a newer version is relatively simple.
- Download a new version from Spotify and extract.
- Update the headers inside the include folder
- Extract the new cef resources and libs to the Release folder
- Try to compile the test application:
go clean -cache -testcache && CGO_ENABLED=1 go build -o Release/test.exe examples/main.go
- Fix any incompatibilities with new APIs until the application compiles.
- Push the new version, and update the version listed in this README.